Thursday 7 May 2015

Sleepless (Red Eye #2) Lou Morgan

23301454
Book Blurb (From goodreads) 
Young, rich and good-looking, Izzy and her friends lead seemingly perfect lives. But exams are looming and at a school like Clerkenwell, failure is not an option. Luckily, Tigs has a solution. A small pill that will make revision a breeze and help them get the results they need. Desperate to succeed, the group begin taking the study drug. It doesn’t take long before they realize there are far worse things than failing a few exams.










My Review
Sleepless  taught me three important lessons: 
1. Never take a pill 
2. Never trust your friends
3. Never take an exam 
Good lessons right? Although I think that it might be hard to follow through with the third. I don't really fancy being homeless.
The plot of this book was fast paced but did not have many twists or turns until the very last page. It was quite straight forward most of the time and we never had to wait too long to get more information and even when we did it was almost never a surprise since you could easily guess everything when you really think about it. The last sentence of...



The last sentence of the book was exactly like that previous sentence. The book literally ends in the middle of a sentence with a dot dot dot and gives us no closer for as to what actually happened. It can see what the author was trying to do with the suspense and wanting us to fill in the gap and guess what happened next but i don't think that it actually worked. Yes, I am sprouting theories about what happened after the book ended but I think that this kind of cliffhanger needs an actual sequel to make it okay. We will not be getting that sequel, I checked.
The characters reminded me of a lot of characters that I have read about before. You know, the seamlessly perfect person isn't so perfect after all? Yeah, you know what I am talking about (hopefully). Sometimes I think that Izzy just needed a nice little hard slap in the face to wake her up from her stupidity. Who the hell takes a pill which your friend bought of off the internet? The other characters where more mysterious and you never really knew what their true intentions were until the very end which created suspense.
I give this book 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment