Friday 3 April 2015

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas

Book Blurb (from Goodreads):
Crowned by Evil.
Bound by Duty.
Divided by Love.


Celaena Sardothien, royal assassin, is the King of Adarlan's deadliest weapon. She must win her freedom through his enemies' blood - but she cannot bear to kill for the crown. And every death Celaena fakes, every lie she tells, put those she loves at risk.

Torn between her two protectors - a captain and a prince - and battling a dark force far greater than the king, Celaena must decide what she will fight for: her liberty, her heart or the fate of a kingdom...




My Review
I cannot get enough of this series. I need more!
I started this book as soon as I finished Throne of Glass and I finished Crown of Midnight in two days. I think that I went a bit overboard with reading it, but it is so good! This book was even more emotional for me than the last book!
So basically, after the last book, Celaena is getting ordered around by the King of Adarlan. She is now also torn between Dorian (the Crown Prince) and Chaol (the Captain of the Guards). Celaena pretty much continues her adventures from the last book (which was epic).
The characters in this book are just insanely amazing. Celaena is such a brave, sassy character. She does literally anything that could get her killed and she doesn't let the panic take over her senses. Gradually, if you didn't already, you feel like you are Celaena. Whenever she is happy, you are happy. Whenever she isn't coping well, you aren't coping well. Also the other characters are amazing. Dorian is still a very likable character, but Chaol is still my favourite. Team Chaol all the way! I like him that much because his personality is more similar to mine than Dorian's is to mine. I think I mentioned this before, but Chaol is serious but he can be humorous if he wants to be. And also, when he is alone together with Celaena, he can be so sweet and I totally ship Chaol and Celaena. 
I can't describe my feelings for this book. It was amazing. You need to read it now and I will not be responsible for loss of sanity, heart breaks, fangirling too much or any other symptoms of reading a book that is way too awesome to even sum up in words. The feelings while reading Crown of Midnight  were so intense! The feels were going up and down and then all over the place. Ahhh! I need the next book right now!
The writing style is magnificent. The book is written in such a way, that you never get bored and instead of reading the words on the page, you can actually visualize what is happening, like character's facial expressions, what they are doing, etc. Not only that: even the descriptions aren't dull in any way. I have read some books, where the descriptions are the parts you just want to get over and done with. But in Crown of Midnight, Sarah J. Maas has written a book, where you savour each and every word and can't get enough of it.
I seriously need the next book now, the feelings for this book are so intense, the characters are amazing, everything is amazing about Crown of Midnight! It has been a while, since I have found a book, in which I can truly immerse myself in and feel so deeply for the characters in the story. The whole Throne of Glass series is a must read. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars!

1 comment:

  1. This book is seriously amazing!! I hope you like Heir of Fire as well - this series is definitely one of the best I've read! Great review!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete