Wednesday 21 January 2015

Opposition (Lux #5) by Jenifer L.Armentrout

13644055Book Blurb (from Goodreads) 
Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She
 can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.


My review: 
Reading this book was like going on the largest emotional roller coaster. I was a complete train wreck after finishing it. No joke. I was crying so hard when I finished, but there was no one their to comfort me because I was reading this until midnight (I was reading it on new years eve so I had a good reason). I still can't believe that it is over. There will be no more Daemon or Katy, or any more awesome alien action. It's all over..... *sobbing in the corner*. 
The plot in this book was completely, Kiss-your-social-life-goodbye-and-go-read, AWESOME! It was so fast paced that it made you feel like you were running a marathon when you read it. There was not one dull moment, because when Daemon and Katy were not saving the world in some kind of awesome battle they were doing, um...well...ah...I can't really talk about it... 
The characters in this book where so sassy, as always. Their snidy remarks had me laughing all throughout the book. Lets start with Daemon shall we? Daemon had me panicking at the beginning of this book. He was in some kind of Luxen mind controlled which was REALLY freaking me out! I didn't now what would happen. Then everything calms down, and you see from his point of view and you feel a flood of relief knowing that everything was going to be okay, or as close to okay as humanly (and alienly) possible. I know that Daemon is always a funny character but this time he was OMG. There was this one part in the book where the Arum leader (which I can't remember the name of) goes, What? No sarcastic comment? and he says Give me a minute I'll come up with something. Also, this book was finally the book were he took a step away from Katy and let her fight her own battles. Although he still needs to learn what is appropriate to say on a battle field and what is not. Katy, two words: Character. Development. Throughout the books you could see her turning into this seriously bad-ass character (not that she wasn't already at the beginning of obsidian) and in this book their was some kind of bad-assery explosion. She was so funny in this book but you could also see that she has collected her fair share of scares which makes her vulnerable and so much more relatable (it also helps that she is a book blogger...). Daemon and Katy are defiantly one of my biggest OTPs. 
In case that you can't tell yet, this book gets 5 stars. It truly was a epic conclusion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment