Monday 15 December 2014

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

15845726
Book Blurb (From Goodreads) 
'Lots of things are mysteries. But that doesn't mean there isn't an answer to them'

This is Christopher's murder mystery story. There are also no lies in this story because Christopher can't tell lies. Christopher does not like strangers or the colours yellow or brown or being touched. On the other hand, he knows all the countries in the world and their capital cities and every prime number up to 7507. When Christopher decides to find out who killed the neighbour's dog, his mystery story becomes more complicated than he could have ever predicted.






My Review:
 My dad was with me in the book store and he took this book out of the shelf and told me that if I agree to read it he will buy it for me, because he wanted me to read a YA 'classic'. So obviously I agreed to read it next and review it so here is my review. I am also going to do this review a little differently. In this book Christopher made a lot of lists about things so that is how  I am going to present my review. In a list about things I did and didn't like about the plot, characters and writing style. 
The plot:
  likes: 
  1. The mystery was different from anything else that I read because it was about a dog
  2. About 150 pages in there were multiple mysteries
  3. I liked the idea of some one writing a murder mystery book about someone writing a book about a murder mystery which had happened to them and were also giving us updates about the progress in the book in the final copy, confusing isn't it? You would get it if you have read the book
  Dislikes: 
  1. I can not really find one to be honest.... 
The Characters: 
  Likes: 
  1. Christopher was an interesting character to read about, especially with his disability. He had such an interesting perspective on the world
  2. Christopher's dad always had good intentions for him, and I think that he would of made a good dad if the circumstances were flipped. 
  Dislikes: 
  1. I had a hard time imagining Christopher as a 15 year old. I know that this is what was suppose to happen because that is what part of his disability causes but it didn't make it any less annoying to be imagining a 15 year old as a 10 year old.
  2. Even though I said that Christopher's dad had good intentions for him, they were seriously flawed. He ended up being my least favoutrite character. 
  3. I can't talk about anyone else because that would bring up spoilers about the second mystery 
I give this book 3 out of 5 stars, because:
  1. Even though there were no flaws in the plot does not mean that I did fully enjoy it, it still took me a long time to read
  2. the writing style did annoy me, even though that was how it was suppose to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment